Here are the top 5 essential foods for when you want to shed a couple pounds, have more energy, and improve your health. Keep these in your kitchen at all times!
1. Tea! – Tea has long been acknowledged for its health and wellness benefits, including weight loss assistance. The evidence is irrefutable. It is true that green tea contains powerful antioxidants. These components contribute to minimizing health risks such as cancer and cardiovascular disease, However little known Rooibos or Red Tea, which after the results of recent studies, proves powerful antioxidants it to be a major player in sustainable weight loss, I consider red tea an essential.
Research has shown that components found in the rooibos plant, such as polyphenols and flavonoids, Stop new fat cells from forming by 22 percent. The tea significantly lowers dangerous fat found in the blood, such as triglyceride concentration. See More on Red Tea
2. Fiber! – You should get at LEAST 25g of fiber per day, most Americans get less than 15g daily. Try: Flax, chia seeds, even natural fiber supplements. This helps to clean our your insides (picture a soft scrub brush), and get rid of the effects of any indulgences.
3. Green Veggies – these help to detox and cleanse your body, along with providing lots of fiber and nutrients. The more the better, you really can’t eat to many! Try to eat at least 3 cups daily.
4. Coconut Anything! – Especially coconut oil coconut (the healthiest oil you can cook with!). Coconut is a medium chain fatty acid, which means that it gives the body energy, but it won’t get stored as fat. It is also anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal which is perfect for the flu season protection.
5. Water – aim to drink half your bodyweight in ounces in water. Ie: if you weigh 100lbs, drink 50oz of water. This helps to flush toxins from your body, will help you to feel fuller, and also to hydrate your body from the inside out (think anti-aging!).